Welcome to New Horizons Institute of Counseling
"Seeking true recovery to replace pain with healing peace."
Pierre J. Samaan, Ph.D
Bringing over 30 years experience in ministry as a clinical pastoral counselor and chaplain into each counseling session.
970 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 100, Suwanee, GA 30024
~ In addition to in-office sessions, telephone and video counseling are now available. Call us at (678)-348-6442 or toll-free at (888)-760-0445 to schedule an appointment. ~
What is telephone counseling? Click for more info.
~ Click here to sign up to receive our free e-newsletter ~
Please navigate below for our office overview and our statement
of faith and navigate above to learn more about the services we offer.
New Horizons Institute
of Counseling is a Faith-Based Counseling Mission of the United Brethren In Christ Church, 560 Flomich Street, Holly Hill, Florida. The Senior Pastor is Rev. Chuck McKeown. Dr. Pierre J. Samaan, a Clinical Pastoral Counselor and Ordained Minister with over 30 years experience is the Director of Counseling for this Church Mission. The counseling center is located in an office building (not in a church facility) to allow those of different faiths to feel comfortable utilizing the Christian counseling services. Dr. Samaan is a member of the United Brethren In Christ Church and Gwinnett Church in Sugar Hill, GA.
This Christian counseling ministry is founded on
Christ-centered recovery. “The Spirit
of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the
poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the
captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are
oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord… To comfort all who
mourn, and provide for those who grieve… to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of
praise instead of a spirit of despair… The counsel of the Lord will stand
4:18-19; Isaiah 61:1-3; Psalm 33:11)
STATEMENT OF FAITH AND BELIEF
professional Christian Counseling organization, we set forth the
following beliefs. These beliefs are essential to our treatment modality, theology,
ministry and philosophy.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, inerrant, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent within the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God has revealed Himself in creation, history, and in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in God’s creation of the world and humankind and inhumanity’s rebellion and subsequent depravity.
- We believe in the person and work of Jesus Christ, including His deity, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His true humanity, His miracles, His
substitutionary death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to heaven where
He sits at the right hand of the Father, and in His coming personal return in
power and in glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost, sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. We believe that
salvation is by "Grace" through faith in Christ as one’s Savior.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by who's indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to grow in the
knowledge of God and Christian obedience.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost — 29And
they shall come out--those who have practiced doing good [will come out] to the
resurrection of [new] life, and those who have done evil will be raised for
judgment [raised to meet their sentence]. (John 5:29 AMP)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and in the importance of the church for worship, service, and missions.
- We believe in the sanctity of life and do not believe in abortion.
- We believe that marriage is a covenant relationship that is mirrored in the relationship between Christ and His Church (Revelation 19:7,
21:2, 21:9). We will encourage marital couples to be able to say that they have done all they can do to preserve their marriage.
- We believe that all psychological principles should be thoroughly evaluated through the grid of Scripture, and that Scripture always
holds the final authority.
- We believe that no human short of Jesus Christ, during his earthly ministry, has been perfect in interpreting all of Scripture. We can agree to disagree on a subject, while continuing in love, to work toward growth in areas for which we can agree that there is room for growth.
Images provided by healingdream at freedigitalphotos.net.
Copyright (c) 2015 New Horizons Institute of Counseling. All Rights Reserved